Until numbers increase we will limit the number of classes
Division A – up to and including 5’7’’
Up to and including 5’4” Up to and including 155 lbs.
Over 5’4”, up to and including 5’5” Up to and including 160 lbs.
Over 5’5”, up to and including 5’6” Up to and including 165 lbs.
Over 5’6”, up to and including 5’7” Up to and including 170 lbs.
Division B – over 5’7”, up to and including 5’10”
Over 5’7”, up to and including 5’8” Up to and including 177 lbs.
Over 5’8”, up to and including 5’9” Up to and including 185 lbs.
Over 5’9”, up to and including 5’10” Up to and including 192 lbs.
Division C – over 5’10”
Over 5’10”, up to and including 5’11” Up to and including 200lbs.
Over 5’11”, up to and including 6’0” Up to and including 207 lbs.
Over 6’0”, up to and including 6’1” Up to and including 215 lbs.
Over 6’1”, up to and including 6’2” Up to and including 225 lbs.
Over 6’2”, up to and including 6’3” Up to and including 232 lbs.
Over 6’3” Up to and including 240 lbs.
Division “A” (up to and including 5’7”)
- Up to and including 5′ 4″
- Over 5′ 4″, up to and including 5′ 5″
- Over 5′ 5″, up to and including 5′ 6″
- Over 5′ 6″, up to and including 5′ 7″
up to and including 155 lbs up to and including 160 lbs up to and including 165 lbs up to and including 170 lbs
Division “B” (over 5’7” and up to and including 5’10”)
- Over 5′ 7″, up to and including 5′ 8″
- Over 5′ 8″, up to and including 5′ 9″
- Over 5′ 9″, up to and including 5′ 10″
Division “C” (over 5’10”)
- Over 5′ 10″, up to and including 5′ 11″
- Over 5′ 11″, up to and including 6′ 0″
- Over 6′ 0″, up to and including 6′ 1″
- Over 6′ 1″, up to and including 6’ 2″
- Over 6′ 2″, up to and including 6′ 3″
- Over 6′ 3″
up to and including 177 lbs up to and including 185 lbs up to and including 192 lbs
up to and including 200 lbs up to and including 207 lbs up to and including 215 lbs up to and including 225 lbs up to and including 232 lbs up to and including 240 lbs
Please note that classes and divisions are subject to change depending on show size.
Muscularity and Body Condition
Judges will be looking for competitors who display muscular size, symmetry, balance and proportion, with an emphasis on definition and condition. The ideal physique will display an aesthetic appearance highlighted by a small waist.
Athletes will line up offstage in numerical order. Competitors will walk out on stage in a line as guided by the stage marshal and line up as directed, depending on the number of competitors on stage.
1. The entire line-up is brought onstage, in numerical order and in a single line or two lines, if necessary.
2. The line-up is divided into two equal-size groups and is positioned onstage so that one group is to the left of the stage; the other group is to the right of the stage. The center portion of the stage is left open for comparison purposes.
3. In numerical order, and in groups of not more than eight competitors at a time, each group is directed to the center-stage area to perform the following mandatory poses:
All individual comparisons are to be carried out center-stage
Mandatory Poses will be performed and include the following poses:
- Front Double Biceps
- Side Chest
- Back Double Biceps
- Front Ab/ Thigh
• Favorite Classic Pose (NO most muscular)
The CBBF Chief Judge will then request the group do their mandatory poses. Judges will have the opportunity to compare competitors against each other in mandatory poses. Once your group is finished you will return to the line. Stay posed.
When the judges are satisfied, the Head Judge will ask you to exit the stage.
Athletes will line up offstage in numerical order. Each individual is required to do a 60 second posing routine, to their choice of music (profanity, racial / sexual slurs and inappropriate verbiage is NOT allowed. If we find that your music contains any of these things, your music will be stopped and you may be disqualified from the competition).
Your routine should include the following:
- Poses and movements that highlight your best features
- Smooth transitions between movements
- Good musicality
- Additional physical prowess that you have: flexibility, dance, gymnastics…
Once the individual routine is completed, exit the stage and line back up numerically. Athletes will line up offstage in numerical order. Competitors will walk out on stage in a line as guided by the stage marshal and line up as directed, depending on the number of competitors on stage.
The top 5 competitors will be called out to center stage line and may be asked to do mandatory poses. They will then do a pose-down. Awards will then be handed out.
- Trunks must meet the following criteria:
(a) Plain opaque in style.
(b) Solid black in colour.
(c) Cloth fabric in material (no plastic, rubberized, or similar material). (d) Matt in texture (no shiny material).
(e) No ornamentation, frills, large logos, lacework edges and/or borders. (f) The trunks must be at least 15cm (6”) high on the sides.
- Competitors will wear their posing trunks to the Athlete meeting and bring any other suits they may possible wear on show day
- The trunks will cover a minimum of 3⁄4 of the gluteus maximus. The front area must be covered and the side of the trunks should be 1 cm in width at a minimum. The use of padding anywhere in the trunks is prohibited
- Avoid styles that have a “v” taper on the front and back — they look like a bikini bottom.
- All competitors will wear the posing attire, during both Prejudging and Finals that was approved by the Head judge / official delegate at the weigh-ins. Unauthorized use of any other posing attire is strictly prohibited without the prior approval of the head judge / official delegate and may lead to disqualification from the event.
- Except for a wedding ring, competitors will not wear footwear, glasses, watches,
bangles, pendants, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, wigs, distracting ornamentation or artificial aids to the figure. No body piercings, no dermal piercings (if one has a dermal they must be camouflaged with make up). No jewels on eye make up. If you have a tongue ring take it out or ABSOLUTELY DO NOT PLAY WITH IT IN YOUR MOUTH or you will be reprimanded and if you are caught a second time you will be asked to leave the stage.
- The use of props during the Prejudging or Finals presentation is strictly prohibited.
- The IFBB has banned all tans and bronzers that can be wiped off. If the tan comes off by simply wiping, the athlete will not be allowed to enter the stage. Sparkles, glitter, shiny metallic pearls or gold coloring are prohibited whether applied as part of a tanning lotion or applied separately
- Implants or fluid injections to change the natural shape of any part or muscle of the body are strictly prohibited and may result in disqualification of the competitor.
- The BCABBA Chief Official, or delegated representative, will have the right to determine if a competitor’s attire meets an acceptable standard of taste and decency. If these standards are not met, the official has the right to remove the competitor from stage and have them change attire
- NO Gum chewing in the morning show or night show